Acquiring a skillset is essential for every individual in today’s dynamic world. A large segment of the country’s population remain unemployed due to a variety of factors. Vocational training aids them in acquiring skills that sustain their livelihood and serve as a source of employment. Skill development trains youth and women to build and improve networking, time management and communication skills, as well as mastering skills in specific areas. Along with creating awareness and aspirations for these vocations, AIM for Seva also offers avenues to open up fulfilling careers for women.
Self-reliance and financial independence are two key factors that will help create an empowered generation of women who, in turn, will help uplift their families and the larger society.
To this end, AIM for Seva runs two vocational training centres in Tamil Nadu, three tailoring centres and one non-formal education centre in Uttarakhand. These institutions help to equip the women with vocational skills and basic computer literacy, which will help give them a leg up on the road to progress.
Centres of Community Empowerment
- AIM for Seva Sewing Centre, Bapugram village, Dehradun district, Uttarakhand (inaugurated in 2002)
- AIM for Seva Non-Formal Education Centre, Shyampur Khadri, Dehradun district, Uttarakhand (inaugurated in 2002)
- AIM for Seva Sewing Centre, Haripur Kalan, Dehradun district, Uttarakhand (inaugurated in 2004)
- AIM for Seva Sewing Centre, Shyampur Khadri, Dehradun district, Uttarakhand (inaugurated in 2007)
- Smt. Seethalakshmi Ammal AIM for Seva Training Centre (Sewing Centre and Computer Centre) Kovilpatti, Thoothukkudi district, Tamil Nadu (inaugurated in 2015)
Impact On The Ground: Recent Skill Building Initiatives
- During 2021 – 2022 , 32 women successfully completed the 12 month programme across the three centres in Uttarakhand.
- A three week tailoring camp was organised during summer (May and June) for the benefit of women and girls from the surrounding areas of the Swami Dayananda AIM for Seva Chatralayam for Boys, Moviya, Gujarat.
- A vocational training centre (tailoring institute) was inaugurated on 25th March 2022 at Chinnadarpally, Mahbubnagar, Andhra Pradesh. This facility was inaugurated by Smt. and Sri. Shyamala Garu and Ramesh Garu (members of the donor family of the Smt. & Sri. Satoor Rajasri & Rajalingam Goud AIM for Seva Chatralayam for Boys, Mahbubnagar, Telangana).
- Daya Products – By Students of Atmalaya Swami Dayananda AIM for Seva Chatralayam for Girls, Udumalpet, Tamil Nadu (View more about this project)
- Pahadi Haldi from the Himalayas by Nishanth Sharma (Chatralayam Alumnus) (View more about this project)
- Quilt And Vadam Making – By Students Of Swami Dayananda AIM For Seva Chatralayam For Girls, Yelahanka, Karnataka And Students From Our Chatralayam In Dharmapuri, Tamil Nadu (View more about this project)