Flagship Programme: Chatralayams
Our Chatralayams are conceptualised as free student hostels providing uninterrupted access to education for students from rural and tribal lands. Children joining our Chatralayam study and live in this environment by attending the nearest school.
History and Current Presence
The first Chatralayam with 32 boys was set up in 2001 in Anaikatti, Tamil Nadu. Following this, AIM for Seva is currently running 94 Chatralayams across 17 states. Of this, 24 are for girls and the remaining for boys.
Number of Chatralayams: 94
Typical Student Profile
- Over 90% of the students are first generational learners
- Students are mostly from rural/agrarian/daily wage earners/tribal backgrounds
- They come from low income earning households
What do our Chatralayams Offer?
- Access to the Nearest School (usually within walking distance)
- 3 Nutritious Meals
- Uniforms and Clothing
- Academic Tutoring
- Sports and Yoga
- Enriching cultural and spiritual co-curricular activities
- Medical care: Regular health check-ups
Our Chatralayam Presence Across India