With the world continued to be gripped in the tentacles of a deadly pandemic, its important for us to be in the Present and do our duty.
We share some of Pujya Swamiji’s sayings in this section.
* The New Year is born only as a fresh second as the old year went with a fresh second. To be alive to the fresh second, the now, is to celebrate in freshness the New Year made of fresh seconds.
* The Past was once present. The future shall again be a present. In ‘time’, is there anything beyond present?
* To be with the past is to have company with the dead and to be with the future is to have company with the myth. To be in the now is indeed to be with the living.
* Time rolls on in a procession of fresh moments and the body ages. But the mind living with fresh moments is ever young.
* Time is a devourer only if you take yourself as the ageing body. It is no more so if you live in its content, the Eternal Now.
— Excerpted from Sri Swami Dayanandaji’s lectures—Address to the Youth